It is important that the following guidelines are followed to ensure that all refuse put out will be picked up:
- All refuse is to be stored within each unit until Trash Day. (Thursday Morning@ 6:00 AM)
- All refuse is to be put out for pick-up in SEALED HEAVY PLASTIC BAGS.
- Cans, plastic bottles and glass must be placed loose in the red recycling bins.
- All newspaper is to be put in paper bags for the red recycling bin, marked WARREN CITY REFUSE DEPARTMENT.
- All boxes should be broken down and tied in bundles. Pick-up will be once a week on THURSDAY mornings. Do not put refuse out until WEDNESDAY EVENING AFTER 6:00 P.M.
- During a Holiday week trash pick-up, will be delayed one day to Friday morning, so refuse shall not be put outside until THURSDAY EVENING AFTER 6:00 P.M. for the Friday pickup.
- Refuse is to be bagged and then placed in neat piles in your designated areas.
- No refuse is to be left anywhere other than the designated areas or at any other time.
- Any trash or trash bags that are left out in violation of these rules/regulations need to be removed immediately. Should the co-owner(s)/tenant(s) not remove the trash or trash bags in violation of these rules/regulations, any charge incurred by the Association in removing the trash or trash bags shall be the responsibility of the Co-owner(s) whose unit the trash or trash bags originated from.
These costs and fees are not a fine, but shall be charged to the Co-owner(s)’ account pursuant to Article XI, Section1(c) of the Condominium Bylaws when the Association has to remove or abate a condition in violation of the Governing Documents. In addition, the Association will also send out Violation Notices to Co-owner(s) whom violate these provisions, and fine them pursuant to the procedure set forth in the bylaws and these rules and regulations.* Please be aware if refuse is placed on the grounds before designated pick-up times, the Association or Management Company may hire a third party to pick up that refuse. Thereafter, a charge-back for that third-party cost may be assessed to the co-owner’s account.
The city of Warren receives money for recycled material as opposed to having to pay to have refuse removed as garbage. Recycle pick-ups are at the same days and locations as for the garbage pick-ups.
- Refuse for recycling should be placed about 5 feet from the garbage within the designated pick-up area.
- Material should be placed in a recycle bin or in a clear plastic bag, 5 feet from the garbage.
- All newspaper should be tied into bundles.
- All boxes should be broken down and tied into bundles.
- Recycling bins may be purchased for $8. Call (586) 775-1400 for information.
- Click here for Recycle Material Guidelines.